This is going to be a brief post because I don't really want to dwell on this issue but I feel compelled to comment on it.
I have been "advised" recently that I should use my blog for art purposes and leave my personal life out of it since "that's not the purpose of having a blog in the first place."
First let me clarify that I'm not angry about this email and, to be honest, its not the first one of its nature. Everyone is entitled to their opinon but I am not likely to change my blogging habits and here are a few reasons why:
1) I (unfortunately) am not a full time artist and therefore often have much to yak at you about that has absolutely nothing to do with art. In fact, I've even heard tell that full-time artists occasionally *gasp* don't make art and might have something else to talk about.
2) Its my blog. Enough said.
3) I don't believe I have ever threatened, coerced, bribed or otherwise forced anyone to read my blog. (Well, maybe Leann but she's easily swayable - all you need is beer to offer - so she doesn't count.) If you find me boring or repetitive or just generally uninteresting, you don't have to read it. Won't hurt my feelings.
4) I have come to view the blog as a socially acceptable means of talking to myself. I'm not really sure how many people are reading, I have some subscribers and for the most part, I will let my brain information leak about whatever happens to be on my mind. (Although I do tend to clean some thoughts up considerably prior to putting them here. Again, potty mouth is a side effect of working with all men.)
5) Life's too short to worry about this stuff.
So I'm not going to. I hope you all who read my blog find it amusing, and if you don't, that's okay too. There are about a billion blogs out there and its likely that you will find several that meet your needs if this one does not. This particular one will remain multi-functional and discuss whatever happens to be going on in my life - including art.
Happy blogging, everyone.