19 October 2008

Where I Stand Sunday's One Year Anniversary


It is the burning decay that sets the color on fire in this season. The idea that beauty can be found even in endings is somewhat at odds with its normal definition. Yet as I stand still and smell the dank earth reclaiming what the summer took so long to grow, a calm stills over me. There is a schedule and a purpose to be met, an agenda that will override everything else. The loss of control is soothing as time slips between the cracks.



This photo marks the one year anniversary of my Where I Stand photo essay. In order to celebrate, I am putting together a 7"x7" book containing all the photos and journaling for the first year of the project. (It will be available in a few weeks.) If you are a fan of Where I Stand, leave a comment on this post telling me which photo is your favorite and why. Next Sunday I will select a winner and that person will receive a free copy of the book. You can see all of the images in one spot here.


Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen them all....but I certainly love this one since this is my favourite time of year.

teri

Kat Campau said...

Lynn, You are so inspiring! I love the essays you write with each photo, and your effort to make each picture significant. It will be a beautiful book.

Kat Campau said...

p.s. My favorite is Sept. 21, unconditional love.

Anonymous said...

I have to say the post on 1/13 What I like about this to me.. you can tell its a circle...which to me shows me you are coming to a full circle of this project.. the 1 Year anniversary and now the book.. This one is my favorite

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I especially like #12, for January 13th because I think it is a great piece of art. The composition is good, the colors are pleasing and use a variety of values, and my eyes are drawn around the work. I'm really enjoying the book of the show. Thanks for your work.