23 October 2011

where i stand sunday


The change in the temperature has caused me to turn inward, quiet, contemplative. Everywhere I turn I'm pulling things back out into the open for layering and warmth, a comfortable kind of armor to ward off the sharpness in the air. I'm reminded as I move through the day without changing out of my pajamas that stillness has its own special things to say, to teach.








Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

LOL! I really resented the fact that I actually had to put on public clothes today. I was toasty warm and didn't want to change a thing. I am so happy I am not alone in feeling that way. Wishing you a beautiful and warmer week.

Jeannie said...

The other night I had to run to the store for vanilla extract. My husband was appalled that I tucked my pj top into my sweats, threw on my hoody and zipped down to the store like that. What's the problem? No one even noticed!

Yarnhog said...

My husband and I work from home. I always laugh when I watch him kicking a** with some law firm partner in his boxer shorts. Especially the Sponge Bob ones.