17 October 2011

there's no place else i'd rather be

Being an artist has given me a lot of gifts. But this past Sunday is an example one of my absolute favorites.

I got to spend the day with eighteen very talented artists. It was my Remnants Collage class and I couldn't be happier. The day was beautiful, the art and paint were flying and there were big smiles all around.

:)

But here, look for yourself:


See all that fabric? Swoon. I swear, I'd be talking to someone while they were working and I'd think, "Oh look at that fabric! Wait, focus Lynn, focus." (I'm an addict, it can't be helped.)

There were tons of collages popping up everywhere:

Aren't they incredible? I mean really, the depth on what everyone was making was really fantastic. (These beauties belong to Deb and Kathy. I wanted to steal them.)

My studio and washout area now look like this:


(What? You don't hang your thermofax screens from your shower curtain rod?)

Its such a treat for me to get to spend the day teaching. Every time I do it I always wonder why I take so long to schedule things. Truth is, the day job gets in the way too much so my in person teaching is incredibly sporadic.

And there was lots of help from several lovely ladies that made the day perfect (thanks Kate! thanks Mary! thanks Sandy!). Its such a great feeling when you can be on a team that creates something so special.

I had such a wonderful time that I decided I don't want it to stop and since we all live in the wonderful age of super technology, I'm making it a priority to translate my Remnant Collage class into an online offering. It will most likely pop up early next year (which isn't so far away when you realize that we are halfway through October already) but its going to make it.

Thanks everyone! :)

11 comments:

Kathy said...

An online offering? How wonderful! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, thank you. The class was such a great experience. Your style of giving just enough instruction then letting us do our own thing was perfect. I look forward to experimenting more with these techniques, and actually finishing the pieces I started in class. That's not usually the case!

Unknown said...

Fantastic, so glad you recapped your class- with photos and everything! It looks like it was a blast (and there's a familiar face in there, too... hi Janice!)

Cynthia St Charles said...

Looks like you all had a great time and lots of success!

Lynda said...

What a fun time! An online class would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous. It is always so wonderful to be surrounded by all that creativity. I love classes for that very reason, both taking them and giving them.

Kat Campau said...

An online class, great idea.

Oma's Patch said...

Once again, a Great weekend.
I love working with and around other artists, it generates such productive energy and inspiration.
Your guidance is wonderful!
You Rock!

June Mears Driedger said...

It was a wonderful class! I came home buzzing with additional ideas and dreams for future fabric collages. So glad to have met you too!

I am almost finished with my collage--just need to do the painting on the side of the canvas.

cindy said...

Can't wait. Sign me up

janice said...

Lynn It was great, I have my two pieces sitting where I can see them, and decide where to go next with them. They are not complete, but with a little tweeking they will be.
I even look pretty good in that photo, much better than the one Judy H posted after Carol's class in 2010. Look forward to you next in person class, you know I will be there.