02 February 2011

screen printing love: wedding invitation



If you are a married person, you know the cost of a wedding. I'm always in awe of the creativity of people in their quest to stand out and save some bucks.

Coney really hit the mark on both areas.

Check it out:






She screen printed her wedding invitation with a thermofax screen on hankies! I can't even tell you how cool I think this is. Its so unusual and what a great keepsake for all her guests! (She blanked out where the reception is, she doesn't want all of you showing up.)

I've also made screens for people who want to print baby shower invitations on onesies, anniversary party invitations on t-shirts and little girl princess party invitations on tote bags.

I constantly get questions about printing text. How small can you go? What kind of font works best? Will it be clear?

Coney's invitation uses very clear simple fonts, this is key when you are working with small lettering. The invitation portion is somewhere between a 14pt and a 16pt font and the names, while fancier, are easily printed because she bumped the size up.

I think it looks pretty darn spiffy! What do you think?





Screen Printing Love is a series of blog posts featuring thermofax screen printed items with screens purchased through my shop. If you are one of them and would like to show off your creation on the blog, email me photos and an explanation at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net

4 comments:

Joy Manoleros said...

Oh, Lynn I love this idea! Wish I had known back in June for my wedding! Thanks for sharing!

Vicki W said...

What a great idea!

Bonita Rose said...

this is absolutely fabulous!

Pattie Wall said...

Could you do this on cardstock for business cards? pattiewall@hotmail.com