01 January 2010

the 365 happy things project

I've decided that 2010 is going to be a year of pausing.

I don't make resolutions because, well to be honest, I don't think I'll ever keep them. (Of course, not making them so I'll never find out if I can keep them seems like an odd thing but that's what I figure and since I seem to have known me for a long time, I'd say its a safe bet.)

I won't say that I won't stuff 2010 with tons of new projects or get my hands in too many new things to count. Its my nature to not stop moving. So when the discussion came up on an email list I belong to about those who make art every single day, it got my wheels turning.

I've always been intrigued by this concept. I mean really, making something everyday. I work on something everyday but there's no way that I could finish something everyday. Still, the idea of a project that keeps my wheels turning on a daily basis has always appealed to me. And now that I'm making an "inspired by" artwork each week for my Where I Stand essay, it made the pull of the daily idea even stronger so I gave it some thought.

I've decided to start the 365 Happy Things Project. Everyday I'll post a picture of something that made me smile or made me happy. Its all about the idea of pausing and being part of my environment rather then just moving through it. Follow the link above to go to the blog for it. I thought about posting it here but I wondered if I'd drive some of you crazy in the process so I set up a place for it to play all on its own.

I hope everyone had a lovely New Year's Eve and here is to a happy 2010!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mary said...

i think this is a very good thing...not to try and strive to finish but to show something good or pretty or inspirational.
good idea lynn!

Anonymous said...

I for one shall enjoy viewing this new project!