03 January 2010

Where I Stand Sunday


The new year pulls with it a long string of new ideas, new activities, new means of creating. but the old burden of chaos keeps me away, avoiding the place where all of it should begin. A fierce determination nags at me, clicking everything into neat sections, forcing items into orderly boxes. A small file system marks the beginning, bearing the words I strive for most for this space: organize, orderly, system, labeled, in its place, accessible, inspiring, contained, productive, easy, organize...







Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year Three will feature artwork inspired by that week's Where I Stand photo as well as the photo that inspired it. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)



INSPIRED BY ARTWORK TECHNIQUE: altered office supplies

Original photo:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

As somone trying to live more mindfully I appreciate this series. It's amazing when you take that moment and really know and experience where you are. And I enjoy the images and words that go with the art.