31 January 2010

Where I Stand Sunday


The long lazy brick wall snaking beneath the ornate wrought iron fence divides the current calendar and history neatly, like a sharp slice of the scissors. It is protective, rearing up in defense as one approaches the old house. Its birthday is buried back in the early 1900s, a time I've dreamt of, constantly enamored with warm wood trims, stained glass windows and minute details that speak to a unique artistry long gone.






Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year Three will feature artwork inspired by that week's Where I Stand photo as well as the photo that inspired it. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)



INSPIRED BY ARTWORK TECHNIQUE: scratchboard

Original photo:

No comments: