24 January 2010

Where I Stand Sunday


It's a strange pock marked game of peek-a-boo. The grass pokes up green from beneath the slushy snow, surprisingly green for all the abuse it has taken over the past few months. As the rain splats across the stubborn snow, the idea of spring sneaks into the back of my mind, daydreaming of days of mild temperatures and delicate flowers.






Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year Three will feature artwork inspired by that week's Where I Stand photo as well as the photo that inspired it. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)



INSPIRED BY ARTWORK TECHNIQUE: mini hand stitched felt collage

Original photo:


No comments: