31 December 2009

2009 in review

Here we are, 2010 is breathing down our necks. In a matter of a few hours 2009 will be over. So that means its time for me to look back and see what I managed to accomplish art wise during the year.

I always start out by trolling back through the blog since I tend to post completed items here. I never think that I did all that much but once I put the mosaics together, I begin to understand the reason why life always seems so full.

Mostly I look for completed projects, there are a lot of half or mostly completed items hanging around in the background that will get a "Made in 2010" stamp. Here are some of the things I squeezed in between the normal everyday activities of living.

I made things:




I stood on things:




I participated in and hung a couple exhibits:




I toted my camera around and snapped pictures of my surroundings:



It was a full year. I know everyone says it but I can't believe it will be 2010. That always seemed like so far away, that's the number that inspired the sci fi fiction writers to dream up robotic societies and advanced technologies.

To be honest, I'm glad we aren't there yet. I value the little quiet moments, the hand made things, the slow steady pace of just living. I've decided that art in 2010 will be given free reign. I'm not going to worry about what I produce, if its "serious", if its gallery worthy. I just want to feel the joy of making things.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Happy New Year, happy creating and I'll see you in 2010!

2 comments:

Leonie said...

All best wishes to you and your family Lynn as we head into the new year. Good health and happiness be yours. Looking forward to seeing you again at Fabrications .

Warm wishes,
Léonie

mary said...

great accomplishements!
upward and onward to the new year i say and goodbye to the old~ well not all the old i would be gone haha
oh by the way i have meant to tell you i like the new layout of the blog!