31 October 2007

Happy Halloween!



I love today, Halloween is my favorite time of year. There are several reasons:
  • Daylight Savings time is over, which means I get to sleep for an extra hour.

  • The weather is cooling off but its still warm enough that I can get by with a sweater.

  • The year is winding down and it just feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel, particularly if its been a difficult twelve months.

  • Halloween = candy (and let's face it, you can't get gummy eyeballs any other time of the year so the candy alone is worth it)

I've chosen to celebrate this halloween by going on a cemetary tour this evening. Those of you who know me know that this takes a large amount of courage on my part. I am openly and admittedly a complete sissy when it comes to the subject of ghosts. (I believe in them completely and don't mind them being around - so long as I never have to see one or be touched by one.) So it makes sense that I would visit a cemetary on halloween, right?

Its an old cemetary, we're talking 1800s so the gravestones are really cool. Leann has been there and her photos are awesome so now I want to go see them. I like old gravestones, quit looking at me weird.

The catch is that you can't get into this cemetary unless you are on a walking tour with the Plymouth Historical Society. I missed the last one and when I saw that they were doing one for tonight, I figured I would pull up my big girl pants and go.

I think I'll be okay against the ghosts. There will be a large group of us, it will still be daylight when we are there and I've muttered some voodoo protection spells. Hopefully I don't get sucked into the ground or possesed by something evil...wish me luck!

No comments: