05 October 2007

Fiberart for a Cause

Linocut by Virgnia Spiegel
I've done a few posts about Fiberart for a Cause but to be honest, I simply can't say enough good things about it. Its a project that I find extremely inspiring for a number of reasons.

First of all, I've experienced first hand how cancer can impact a loved one's life and the effects on the family. My father passed last year from cancer and it was clear that the advancements in the types of treatments he could have helped him to be with us for a longer time. How could I not be grateful for that?

Secondly, FFAC has shown a generosity that just makes my heart melt. Donations from fiber artists around the world, Virginia Spiegel's tireless efforts that just don't seem to end and the willingness of people who have never met each other to give away their art for a worthy cause.

I loved the postcard project that Virginia coordinated for FFAC. And I'm equally awed now by the e-book that she is releasing to continue the project.

Virginia puts out a newsletter that I've subscribed to for some time, I just love it. The e-book she is releasing is a compilation of this newsletter and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!!

The release date for the e-book is coming up soon: Monday October 8. It is available for a minimum donation of $25 to the American Cancer Society. That's right, all of the money donated goes to the ACS, Virginia doesn't get one single penny from it. I urge you to donate more then the $25 when you order your copy, every little bit helps offer hope to patients and families.

Here is the press release Virginia is putting out about the e-book, I hope you will support her in her absolutely outstanding efforts that she puts forth for ACS and everyone affected by cancer:

From Virginia's press release:

"My eBook "Art, Nature, Creativity, Life" will be released on Monday, October 8 with all proceeds going directly to the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause.

"Art, Nature, Creativity, Life" is an expanded version of the best of my e-newsletters. There are 19 chapters stuffed with essays, art, photos, annotated book recommendations, and poetry.

Make a cup of tea, settle into your favorite chair and wander through the issues at your leisure. You can spend ten minutes and be refreshed or spend several hours enjoying art, nature, poetry, photography and my take on the life of an artist. Enjoy and be inspired.

My goal is to raise $30,000 to join the more than $130,000 that Fiberart For A Cause has already raised for the American Cancer Society."

No comments: