18 July 2010

where i stand sunday


It was there, posed in just that spot, sitting there in that exact manner. It was left behind somehow, no doubt in the wake of shrieking child. I imagine a little girl chasing her brother down the street after he's stolen her favorite teddy, a mother surrendering the battle of keeping footwear on a squirming little one, a baby girl who loves the feel of her bare feet on the ground. I imagine at all the places she will stand in her life.








Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)

No comments: