Materials: printed image from linocut, hand dyed fabric, painting, hand stitching
Its that time again so let's get to the fun part - who won May's Good News Giveaway?
The all-knowing and wise random number generator pulled number 14 so that makes Tina Marie Rey the winner!
Tina's good news was: After recieving a 50% scholarship to a workshop with Susan Shie this summer and had a very very kind and warm art quilter from the list pay for the remainder of the fee and even the supplies for the class. To know there are people out there in this day and age that are so generous with something that others hold so high on a pedestal that people like me have a hard time attaining extra of is so generous and kind. God bless her and keep her safe.
Congratulations Tina! Send me an email at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net and your little quilt will be on its way to you.
(Also, Elaine M.? If you're out there, please contact me regarding April's Good News Giveaway. Your little quilt is still waiting to be delivered!)
Ginkgo Imprint (shown at the top of this post) is the next micro mini art quilt that is up for grabs as the June Good News Giveaway. I printed several of these leaf images after experimenting with linocuts. I have a ginkgo tree alongside my driveway that is truly one of the most beautiful trees.
As before, the rules are simple. Here they are again:
Leave a comment on this post to be in the running BUT there are five golden rules you must follow concerning your comment in order to be included in the drawing:
1) Leave a comment about someone or something that is positive and helping to make your life or someone else's life less stressful.
2) NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. You have to use at least your first name and the first letter of your last initial. Why? Because there is no way to identify you if you don't. If you leave an anonymous comment, it won't go into the drawing.
3) Keep your comments to no more then five sentences. We don't want to torture Blogger with excessively long comments. (It can be cranky so let's not try.)
4) Comments must appear on this post. I'm a pretty regular blogger so take a gander at my sidebar on the right. You'll see a link list to each post that is a Good News Giveaway so if you don't come to visit on the exact day a new drawing goes up, you can find it easily and still leave a comment.
5) You can't post the same comment twice. The goal of this is to find things in our lives that are positive and make us smile, so look hard if you have to but find it.
You'll have until the last day of each month to comment to win that month's giveaway. The winner will be announced when the next month's giveaway goes up on the 5th of the new month along with the winning comment so everyone can enjoy it.
Happy commenting and thanks to everyone who participates!