16 April 2012

an oldie





I've had this piece of fabric in my stash for years now.

Which is really unusual for me because my habit is to print what I need for a project and then use it straight away. It leaves me with a stash of little bits but almost never do I have a yard that I can't bear to tear into.

This is one of those pieces.

Its a surprise every time I come across it because I think "Oh, I just haven't found a use for it yet. I'll cut into it eventually."

But I'm not sure I will. The more times it sits on the print table and gets a little bit of this and a touch of that added to it, I want it to remain as a whole piece.

Its odd how some pieces decide their own fate, isn't it?


4 comments:

Von said...

I remember when you created that piece... it was the "I SO WANT THAT PIECE" moment for me :)

Mary said...

Love the colors

Kathy said...

Now that you are doing some larger work, it may have found it's moment with you. You do not have to tear it up at all!

diana said...

I love this just the way it is... I think you could put it on a canvas and call it done! :) It's gorgeous and I'd hang it in my house in a second!