11 September 2009

digging out

I think my To-Do List is taking steroids.

It seems that no matter what I do, the list continues to multiply at a rate that makes me want to flee. Luckily, I am an extremely stubborn person and am determined to win the battle so I forge ahead and slowly tick things off one by one.

One of the things that needed immediate attention was this:

Behold the 2009 Breaking Traditions exhibit. Isn't it exciting?! Oh yeah, needs to be unpacked before you can tell. Well, that's been done and trust me when I say its going to be another great show. You'll see it soon so you don't have to take my word for it.

I took the day off work today to try to tame the monster To-Do List and got several things done. One of which was clothes shopping. I managed to find something that makes me look like a girl without making me look froofy. This is no small feat.

The rest of it is boring and will cause your eyes to glaze over so we'll skip it. Allow me to distract you with some knitting:


Yep, me and the yarn have become one again. This is the Simple Yet Effective Shawl by Laura Chau of cosmicpluto knits. I've seen a few other knitters working on this and when I was looking for an easy project to take along with me to Fabrications, I decided to give it a go.

I've never done a triangle shawl before but I think it will come in really handy when Mother Nature decides to turn Mother Nature into an ice cube. The yarn is from moonrover, one of my favorite dealers on etsy. The colorway is called The Singing Harp and is a blend of merino, blue faced leicester and hemp and I am in love with it.

The knitting on this is insanely easy and trucks along at a fairly quick clip. Although I found the recommendation for needle size humorous. It lists the cable length as 24" or longer. Trust me, use the "or longer" size. Especially if you are going to use up over 400 yards of yarn like I am (and like the pattern calls for). Other then that, its been a great so far.

Tomorrow I am shackling myself to exhibit work and am determined to make a dent in that portion of things that need to be done. I plan to get an early start and work on it until the cows come home (not sure what time that is but I figure it will be long enough for me to accomplish quite a bit).

4 comments:

kathy n said...

If I were a cow, I wouldn't come home until awfully late...good luck.

Jean Baardsen said...

I think they come home when they need to be milked.... Lovely knitting!

Leann said...

I can't wait to see Breaking Traditions, thanks for putting it on every year. You take on a lot of work, and we appreciate it.
I think it depends upon if they are party cows or homebody cows. Elsie comes home early, but Daisy in California can dance all night.

Judy said...

well, you've gotten me in big trouble (but only with myself, so that is ok!): because I loved your shawl so much, I followed your link to cosmicpluto's blog and ended up purchasing a couple of her lovely patterns! LOL Now I know my hands will never be idle during the coolish winter evenings! Thanks Lynn!

xo