26 July 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


The signs and fliers create a subliminal backdrop as I walk past storefronts, reminding me of the years I moved amongst their ranks. Part of me still lies there, in that space where so many people moved past me, where so many relationships found their start in a common purpose. I suspect each store absorbed in the 3/50 project has a similar tale woven into their foundations, a beginning that seeks to swell with the hope only the future can offer.








Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (You can view Year One of the project here and the gallery for this year here.)

No comments: