22 July 2009

observations

We are back to the random lists (have you noticed these always coincide with overtime at work?):

1) Speeding and parking tickets suck. Especially when you get them within days of each other (my first ever). While paying for them online seems convenient, the "convenience fee" associated with them is like a kick to the head. Convenient my butt...

2) Exhibit season is upon me. Work is coming in for Blurred Boundaries and for Breaking Traditions. My house is beginning to look like a gallery barfed all over it. I loves it.

3) Dooley got his frontline-flee-slap-down treatment tonight. Which means he wants hugs and to lean against me, strategically positioning his shoulders (where the flea junk is) so it rubs off on me. While I've never been infested, I appreciate his concern and try to embrace his generosity. Its a flea-slap-down party here at chez Fibra Artysta tonight.

4) I've begun to pull out half finished knitting projects in an effort to enthuse myself into finishing them. The plan was to show myself just how close I was to finishing, thus igniting a passion for finishing said objects. I would then proceed to drown in the glory of all my hand knits and be the envy of everyone. Instead, I'm somewhat disturbed by how many projects I've begun but not finished. All the while knowing that it will not stop me one bit from casting on something new. There must be some kind of medication for this kind of behavior...

5) I've come to the conclusion that people who design highway entrances and exits have a very very sick sense of humor. Ninety degree turns coming off a stretch of 70mph highway or merging onto a three lane road while simultaneously trying to play frogger with the cars in the other lane is the definition of madness. Madness, I tell you, pure madness...

6) I drive by a billboard every day that declares what the current state lottery is. I've decided that when I win it (you're all holding your breath, I'm sure), I'm going to build an artist commune and geek out and never go back to the corporate drone realm.

7) I have used spellchecker ten times on this post so far. I normally can spell workds like "decided" and..."words"....my brain is trying to tell me shut up and go to sleep...

8) ...um...my brain is smarter then me...off to bed I go.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

When you do win, I'm coming to live in your artist's colony.

You will allow dogs, won't you?

Kim Hambric said...

there is no medication for that kind of behaviour . . .

there is no medication for that kind of behaviour . . .

there is no medication for that kind of behavior . . .

Julaine said...

Ooh, can I come and be geeky at your artist's place?

FYI, like you, Lynn, I'm having a give-a-way on my blog. I've been away for awhile, so I thought it would be a neat way to start up again. Take a peek, eh?

Deb H said...

As to item #4 - only pull out two UFO's at a time. Hide the rest and pretend they are not there until you have finished these two. It's not so overwhelming and since I'm sure you are as delusional as I am ;o) convincing yourself you are making a dent should be easy :o)
As to Item #5 - Michigan road planners still think we all drive Model T's with a top speed of 30 mph. This is not a road design you see in other states. Oy!