02 July 2009

oh my...

Part of my attack of the lazies includes spending a lot of time on my laptop. (Well, a lot of that has to do too with the fact that when I'm trapped on the sofa trying to convince my back to be nice to me, I can put the computer on my tummy and surf the net until I go cross eyed. All hail laptops.)

I decided to surf ravelry for a bit since I've not been on there for a while and I found this:


That there is the African Adventure afghan from Horst Schulz. (that's a ravelry link)

I am in lust.

I know its wrong to consider it since I've got a couple other afghans waiting in the queue and I swore I wouldn't do afghans in pieces anymore but come on, how can you resist this???

I even love the colors of it. Even the pink. (That kind of hurt to admit that in public.) I may have to do some yarn shopping tonight...come to me, my pretty, come to me...

3 comments:

Leann said...

Um...didn't that last post say the next project would be beige or grey? It's very pretty, but are you sure you won't get tired of working with pink yarn?

wlstarn said...

That's an awesome project. It looks a lot like the modular knitting in Dazzling Knits http://www.amazon.com/Dazzling-Knits-Building-Creative-Knitting/dp/1564775224
I have the book, and haven't tried anything yet, but the pictures are drool-worthy (of course I love brights on black). I think she has figured out how to do these shapes WITHOUT sewing them together later. I would much rather pick up & knit than weave ends! What was the link to that gorgeous solid red long sewater coat with floral designs? I thought I saved it, but it seems to have gone down the black hole.

michele said...

I did a little gasp at that picture, wow it is gorgeous. Let yourself recharge, then when you are back to creating, you'll be in top form. Relax and love Dooley in your down time