I live in Michigan so it comes as no shocker that I work for the automotive industry. To say that my life is stressful right now is a massive understatement.
Some time ago I made the decision to leave hugely stressful events in my life off the blog. Mostly because, for me, this is one of my favorite online toys and I must have one area of my life that is free from the insanity.
Ironically, though, that decision sometimes leaves me with very little to talk about when things get knocked off center. So I got to thinking about all the bad things that we all keep hearing about and got a little bit annoyed with the imbalance.
There are good things in my life and I'm sure there are in your's as well - wouldn't it be nice to focus on those for a change?
So here's what I've decided to do: I'm going to attempt to add a small bright patch to someone's day. It's simple for you to be the recipient - keep reading.
On the fifth of each month (I know today is the third of the month but all future giveaways will be posted on the fifth of the month) I will give away a small piece of my artwork. I'm a mixed media fiber gal so my work tends to vary in terms of materials used and I work by hand so the stitching is more graphic. But it makes me happy to make things which means they have good energy in them. The giveaways are what I call micro mini art quilts, never larger then 6"x6".
All you have to do is leave a comment on this post to be in the running BUT there are five golden rules you must follow concerning your comment in order to be included in the drawing:
1) Leave a comment about someone or something that is positive and helping to make your life or someone else's life less stressful.
2) NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. You have to use at least your first name and the first letter of your last initial. Why? Because there is no way to identify you if you don't. If you leave an anonymous comment, it won't go into the drawing.
3) Keep your comments to no more then five sentences. If you are the winner, I will contact you for the full version (keep reading to find out why) but we don't want to torture Blogger with excessively long comments. (It can be cranky so let's not try.)
4) Comments must appear on this post. I'm a pretty regular blogger so take a gander at my sidebar on the right. You'll see a link list to each post that is a Good News Giveaway post so if you don't come to visit on the exact day a new drawing goes up, you can find it easily and still leave a comment.
5) You can't post the same comment twice. The goal of this is to find things in our lives that are positive and make us smile, so look hard if you have to but find it.
You'll have until the last day of each month to comment to win that month's giveaway. The winner will be announced when the next month's giveaway goes up along with the full version of the story that the winning comment was based on so everyone can enjoy it.
So here is the first micro mini up for giveaway: