Just a few tidbits that I'm a little too sleepy to organize into grand sweeping posts so I've got a list instead. Here goes:
1. My column for Quilting Arts has been renewed for 2013 - can I get a WOOT? :) More fiber artists to get to know and love and share with you all. I'm so in love with that. :)
2. My studio is a mess. Again. I can't decide if I should clean it or just move.
3. Anyone have grand ideas on how to make fabric organize itself? Its a chronic problem. One that has resulted in me simply throwing it on the floor. Oddly enough, that isn't adding to the zen calm clean space I crave...
4. The westie walked clear through the path of a sprinkler yesterday. Old man just decided he was going that way and nothing would stop him. Had I known that, I would have grabbed his bottle of shampoo and led him back and forth through the water with a cookie.
5. Lots of thunderstorms today. Love it when they rattle the windows on the building.
6. A bug the size of California is stuck to the screen door at this very moment. Luckily its on the outside. I'm convinced that if it gets inside the house, it will devour me in one bite. Perhaps I should seek therapy.
7. The shop is taking a break so I can focus on some big projects that are getting cranky and wanting more of my time. It shuts down tomorrow evening and doesn't come back until July 16th. Get those thermofax screens while the getting is good or wait until mid-July.
8. I discovered paint on the ceiling of the studio this morning. I don't even want to know how it got there.
9. Its getting hot outside. No likey. Bah.
Only got nine. Summer is a busy time for art making for me, always has been. It seems that all of the fiber world's big events happen in the autumn so I spend this time prepping and generally freaking out wondering how I will get it all done.
Its become tradition.
How about you? Do you make more or less art in the summer?