16 June 2012

carrying quietness



The blog has been slower then normal. Not because of lack of news but because I've turned inward, examining every nook and cranny of my artistic process.

And its made me feel...quiet.

I've never before had to think about why I do the things I do or how to explain them in any kind of order that would make sense to anyone else. I long ago married myself to the idea that the way I make art has an element of mystery that can't be pinned down.

I'm realizing now that that's not true at all. I have been looking closer and deeper at the way I make art for the past year, curious about how it happens and how I can be more present in it.

I've fallen in love with it all over again by doing that.

Now I'm trying to capture that in words and its not really difficult, just...quiet. It comes in small bits when I don't expect it and I can't help but wonder what other people will think when they read it...

So in the meantime I'll just sit in the stillness with it and let it have its say.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

sometimes silence is needed ! I understand :)

XOXO
Alexandra Marie

Jean Baardsen said...

I think sometimes we're in awe of what we can do, and we sit there going, "Who am I that I can do that?" You have so blossomed over the last few years, it's been wonderful to watch and witness.