23 January 2011

where i stand sunday


The cold is settling in my bones. I find myself wondering if it will ever shake loose. Its impossible to be outside without feeling badgered, small. Every winter feels like the worst I've known, endless, unwanted by the time it has run its course. I find myself looking at the calendar more often, waiting for the days to peel back into milder weather.







Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. Today, I bought myself a pair of shearling slippers and wool socks. I think back longingly of the days when I would play in the snow for hours and not feel it. Growing up in Michigan, I would go out in the winter to walk in the woods....now I can barely make it to the compost heap and bird feeders.

Gisela Towner said...

Hmmm -- I remember this from last winter, no?
Feeling the same here. It got down to -5 last night and even though I stayed indoors, I can't get warm!