19 February 2010

practice pieces


I still have the graphic pieced quilts on the brain. It would appear that they don't intend to leave me alone any time soon. Who am I to argue?

I've been trolling around the internet studying whatever I can find on them. I decided that I want to do some practice pieces to try to find the piecing and color combinations that thrill me the most. I went to Joann's today and picked up some more economical fabric to practice with. I went bold. We'll see how it goes.


Tomorrow I'm heading out to the Flint Institute of Arts to see a Gee's Bends quilt exhibit. I'm really looking forward to it.

I've not been spending as much time as I would like in the studio lately because I'm on a huge spring cleaning binge. And I'm not referring to my studio - I'm talking about the whole darn house. Just seems like its time to purge all the really really old stuff that just doesn't get used and make space for the things we love. So we're working on that. Its taking longer then it should since I have to take breaks to avoid taxing my back but its getting done and that's all that matters.

In fluffier completely cute news, February is Dooley's birthday month. Little man is now eleven-years-old:


He offers you a view of his magenta platypus in celebration.


.

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Who wouldn't love a magenta platypus? Happy Birthday, Dooley!

Leann said...

Wow, you are going bold with colors. Almost as bold as that platypus.

Gisela Towner said...

Happy Birthday Dooley!!
:)

Kitty D said...

Happy Birthday Dooley! And I LOVE what you are coming up with!

Have fun and KEEP PLAYING!

;D

Anonymous said...

awesome colours