04 November 2008

did you?


I stood there, ballot in hand and felt amazed that something as simple as this piece of paper could help change the future. I darkened the circles, fed my vote into the machine and as I walked from the building, the anticipation for the results took root. I am longing for a new beginning, a new face for my country, something I can truly be proud of. Now I wait, watching the news and keeping my fingers crossed.



**This is a bonus Where I Stand photo, marking this historic election. Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I did. My husband did. Nothing left to do but wait and watch.

Anonymous said...

I voted before my road trip to Houston, so that my vote would count in case there was ANY reason I could not make it home by election day. After my confusion and incredulity of the last election, I will remain blind and deaf to the television until Wednesday morning. But I remain scared, hopeful and excited.

Anonymous said...

I went first thing this morning. What a great feeling!!

teri