02 June 2013

where i stand sunday


I set the cup down on the floor in front of me so that I can listen to the lecture, a conversation about where coffee comes from and how it's roasted and different ways to make it. It's a constant in my day, this simple liquid that ramps up my mind so that I can move through my tasks. I take it for granted, not realizing all the steps that it goes through before it comes to me. It makes me feel small somehow, knowing that I am the end of the journey and by far the least significant.



Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.  


The lecture was part of Coffee Camp at Roos Roast in Ann Arbor, MI. An exceptional coffee company run by exceptional people. The enthusiasm and care they show for their business is incredible.


Roos Roast van featuring the logo for one of their most popular coffees, "Lobster Butter Love"




Newly roasted beans.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynn, I have to laugh: before I clicked on the link I thought to myself, Where does Lynn stand? By the coffee of course! Then I went to the post and lo and behold . . .

Jeannie said...

I'd love to stick my nose over that vat of coffee! I think one of the best things I ever learned was that freshly ground beans smell wonderful.

Nancy Kelley said...

Lynn, I love Roos Roast and live right here in Ann Arbor! Wish I had known you'd be there - would be fun to meet :) Gotta love Lobster Butter Love....
Nancy (Gelli Arts)