25 June 2013

it began with one sentence

 Remnants Collage 1
10" x 10" on canvas
Lynn Krawczyk



This was the first collage in the Remnants Collage series. Now the series is on it's 33rd piece. I remember the day I made it, something clicked. Something felt like home. And I remember the thing that sparked the work: a single sentence.

Here is what I wrote in my sketchbook when I was considering trying collage work: It is a chaotic mixture of all things past, all things present and the want to make them all sing together.

That's all it took. It made me brave enough to take old projects that were collecting dust and cut them up to reassemble them into new collages.

This is the type of thing that The Written Sketchbook class is about. It is about using writing to connect to your artist self and be aware of how you approach your artmaking. It's also about using writing to generate ideas for new work.

The class walks you through six different types of writing and gives you some exercises to try out. It also shows you other artists that are using writing as an integral part of their art making process. This is more then me trying to sell a class - this is something that speaks from the deepest parts of my Artistic Awareness.

And I want to share it with you.

Class begins on July 21 so there is still more then enough time to grab a spot. Class interaction is being run through a Facebook group and there is swag that comes with registering, including hand screen printed pocket journals:



I hope you'll join me! :)


9 comments:

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sea Air Arts - Deb H said...

Looking forward to it Lynn - Your classes are always so thought provoking!

Anonymous said...

You might consider changing your setting to personal approval of comments - you are getting slammed with spam. Disgusting how they use popular blogs this way.

The collage is very cool, BTW.

Audrey said...

Hi. I'm just looking for a spot to leave a comment. I like this piece, Lynn. I'm entering the Lesley Riley class giveaway. Thanks!

DodieH said...

I like your latest piece Lynn. Are you going to enter it into Art Prize in GR?

Art Tart on a Farm said...

I wanna play with TAP