06 March 2011

where i stand sunday


Its a perfect study of neutrals, mirrored by a dove gray sky, a worn weariness with the winter season. In a place where most people wouldn't look for color, there it is - all shades, tints, values, hues. The beauty of the subtly of its richness is a sharp breath of unexpected - a reminder that there is depth even when we can't see it at first glance.








Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats a really nice idea :)

good picture tooo :)

XOXO
www.alexandra-clements.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

I think that's a beautiful photo. The bit of snow on the ground is such a contrast to the pebbles, in color, and texture. This is a classic example of "a picture is worth a thousand words." I bet you could write a whole story about why the ground looks that way, how do you feel right then, what are you thinking about. I think I might try that on my own blog.