21 August 2010

come take a class with me! basic printing with thermofax screens

I'm very excited to announce that I'm beginning to teach classes again. And since I'm obsessed with thermofax screens (and think that everyone else should be as well, its become my personal quest to cover the entire world in screen printing), its only fitting that that's the topic of the class.

I added a tab at the top of the blog labeled "Class Schedule." I'll add to it as I book more classes. Class descriptions will be added as well over the next couple of weeks. If you're interested in booking a class, feel free to contact me at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net

Hope you'll join me!


Here are the details:


Basic Screen Printing Using Thermofax Screens
When: Sunday October 17
Time: 12 noon - 3pm
Where: Northville Art House
Cost: $50 (includes one screen & one bottle of paint of your choice)

Register for class by contacting Lynn at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net or calling Northville Art House (248.344.0497)

Class size is limited. Class fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another student.

Class description: Learn four basic screen printing techniques that you can use to apply to your own projects. The class will cover solid printing, scuff printing (produces ghost images), clean repeat printing and multiple color printing. Students will have access to Lynn's extensive stash of screens to experiment with during class, and students will leave with a screen and bottle of paint. (Please visit Lynn's etsy shop PRIOR to class to choose your screen & paint color so she can have what you want. Screens cannot be made on site.)

Supply list: 100% cotton fabric (4-6 yards - inexpensive muslin is fine, this is a technique/practice class), garbage bag to cover the table and 1" or 1.5" wide sponge brushes (4-6 brushes)

2 comments:

nidynoddy said...

I live too far away to take your class. Have you considered an internet class for those of us that cannot come to Michigan????

Karin Millson said...

I would be obsessed with thermafax too if only I could get hold oa machine. I live in Calgary (no suppliers here) and so far have found a company in Houston... but no one to go there and get me one!!! Can you suggest anywhere that I might source a machine, please.
Good luck with the classes, it would be wonderful to join in...