28 September 2008

Where I Stand Sunday



The energy present in the artwork hanging before me moves through the air, wrapping itself around anyone who dares to move closer for a better look. Each quilt bears the mark of its maker, telling its own story, proclaiming its own message in a loud tone. They all patiently wait to move on to their next venue, knowing that this is only the beginning of their journey and there is still much work to be done.



**To see the entire exhibit, go here.

**To see my Where I Stand essay in its entirety, please visit my website.



Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

Good choice for today! Congratulations on the exhibit.