08 September 2008

mischief in the studio

So like I said in a previous post, I finished up three more sock creatures a couple days ago. I've also got seven creatures here from Michele visiting so they've kind of taken over the studio. I was up there today to wrangle them together and I found them basically partying in there.

Michele warned me that they were mischief makers but I guess I wasn't prepared for all the shenanigans they got up to!

First off, I managed to pull them all together for a group shot:


The two blue rugrats with the striped ears are mine. As is the one in the way back with the red eyeballs. The rest are visiting from Colorado and are certainly far more comical then my guys. In fact, they were a bit of a bad influence. Here's what they got up to:



Hanging out amongst the mixed media supplies.







He said he was attracted to the shape of my spritzing bottle. I wonder why?






They were also interested in the dyeing and embroidery supplies. I wonder if I could put them to work while they are here?






I got a critique on my new artwork.






They were also quite interested in the photography aspect of it all. It was hard to keep them out of the frame of the photo but I managed.






These two were digging the plants.






Just hanging about.







Groovin' to the iPod. Can't say as I blame them, Annie Lennox was playing after all.







I'm pretty sure this guy was making eyes at the punk plushie that is hanging on the wall. I hope I didn't break any hearts when I pulled them away from each other.



These guys are definitely a lot of fun! I'm planning on making them some more cousins when I'm feeling up to it. I started physical therapy today and am not feeling too spunky at the moment. I'm already plotting the new ones so keep an eye out for them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're not spunky :( at least you are surrounded by nieces and nephews that care about you.

Bro contemplating the depth and meaning in your beautiful quilt is my favorite! Oh I laugh! But I also didn't know Lovey had such bad manners, pointing out the differences of each new family member, (must have been the horns on your cuties that brought out jealousy.)

Yarnhog said...

Funny, funny pictures!

Good luck with the PT--I hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I can't get rid of hiccups
-bubba