31 October 2009

obsessed

I am a bad blogger. I've neglected you all in favor of obsessively creating things for an upcoming bazaar I'm participating in. I'm itching to show you what I've been up to since there is quite a bit of it but its all in bits and pieces right now and its unassembled state makes it not so impressive. So we have to wait a bit on that.

In the meantime, it leaves me with very little to feed the blog with. So I've decided since today is Halloween to show you some pictures of what Halloween looks like here in Michigan and some of the creatures I share my studio with.

This morning I woke to the proper moody Halloween sky:


Took this photo about 10am so whoever ordered the creepy grey overcast sky did a good job. It is sufficiently eery.

It lightened up a little later in the day but not by much. Here's the view out the front porch:


The leaves are launching themselves off the trees like they are abandoning ship. Its making thick leaf carpets all over town:


And just in case you're wondering, when you are only 11" high, thick leaf carpets make your underbelly and leg fur all grungy should you decide its great fun to run full speed through a pile of them:


Dooley and the shower have a date tomorrow.

On the inside, my studio provides a year round Halloween vibe. (What can I say, this is my favorite time of year. If it was up to me, the way it looks today would be a permanent state.)

Here is a new piece that I'm working on, will probably end up in the bazaar:

A little on the dark side but hey, I can't be the only one digs these kinds of things so there is a possibility it will find a new home.

My skull collection gets a good dust off this time of year:



And while not creepy, he is a creature that hovers over my work table. Meet my supervisor, Marvin:


Michele from Eyembellishments made him for me. He's sitting on the head of another plushy on the monster board. (He's a little bossy.)

I'm having far too much fun with all the stuff I'm making. Anything that doesn't sell at the bazaar will be going into the two etsy shops I want to open by the end of the year. I need to take a little break though, my wrist is starting to hurt a little so that means a day or two of rest for it is in order.

Hope you all have a Happy Halloween and don't eat too much candy! (I recommend Reese's peanut butter cups if you feel the need to...)

3 comments:

Deb H said...

I'm waiting to see what you are making. I can be patient...

sometimes ;o)

michele said...

If you weren't so darned talented, I would still check in just to see Dooley! I don't think the newsies are 'dark' at all. Though I too, neglect my blog, I was honored when my bro forwarded me this post. To be called a doll artist is HIGH praise, thank you, and thanks for the intro to Cart before the horse, love those creatures too.

kathy n said...

Marvin looks cranky.

I think you should post disastrous mess in progress so I can feel better about mine. :-)