22 May 2012

interested in getting to know SAQA Michigan?


I mentioned a few posts back that I'm very excited about being a co-rep for the Michigan region of SAQA.

One of the things I'm excited about having the opportunity to do is bring members of the state together so we can all get to know each other better.

Lucky for me, I am friends with the Surface Design Association Michigan rep and we got the great idea to bring the two groups together for a picnic!

So if you are in Michigan and would like to socialize with your fellow SAQA members or have been wondering about either group, now's your chance to test drive both organizations to see if you'd like to join. I belong to both and love them dearly, I think you will too.

Here are the details if you are interested in coming:

Susie, the SDA rep, is graciously opening her beautiful home in historic Indian Village in Detroit for the event. Here are the details:

What: Meet and Greet SAQA / SDA picnic

Where: Susie's home
             1731 Seminole St.
             Detroit, MI 48124

When: Sunday June 24 beginning at 2pm

What to bring: Please bring a dish to pass, your favorite beverage and a piece of your artwork to show off your wonderful talents! :)

RSVP: To Lynn at FibraArtysta@earthlink.net

I have room in my car to carpool if a few people are interested in doing that. Just let me know in your RSVP, only three spots.

Please feel free to bring non-SAQA members to check out the groups, we're always looking to welcome new artists into the organization and this would be a wonderful opportunity to introduce them to what we do.

Very excited about this gathering and I do hope that you will attend!!! :)

No comments: