27 July 2010

banished

This is what my bedroom looks like right now:



I'm sleeping on the sofa. (Discovered that Dooley love is a half way decent roommate. Normally he sleeps on the sofa at night but he gets the loveseat until I can go back upstairs. Although the little guy woofs in his sleep a lot which is sort of the equivalent of snoring - except way cuter.)

The wood floors will be sanded and re-stained starting wednesday (stink fest here we come). The window guys are currently having a contest with the heating and cooling guys as to who can make the most noise. The paint samples for my bedroom are trapped in connecticut (I had to mail order them, finding an orange that isn't little kid or super dark is no easy feat) and I've been battling a mutant spider in my tub that keeps crawling back up the drain even though I've drowned him with about a million gallons of water.

I'll be thrilled when my bedroom is finished. It will be autumn all year round in there. The floors will look beautiful. And all the other work will be worth it.

But now? Now I'd like to go upstairs and hide out in my studio. Only that spider is up there. I think its plotting its revenge. The thought did occur to me that it may have friends hanging out in the drain. He's of the big chubby body variety, the ones that look sturdy and like they have enough room to have a brain. Zombie spiders? Maybe they are just zombies. I need to google how to kill zombies....

4 comments:

pklaw said...

I'd try Windex or vinegar for starters!

mary said...

spiders are actually helpful with killing much more mutant insects

Lisa Kay said...

boiling water

Yarnhog said...

I usually scoop them up with a magazine and put them outside. Except for the ones that strike while I'm in the shower. Then all bets are off.