12 September 2008

go visit my artwork

I might be stuck at home but my artwork is really getting around lately. I was in my studio today attempting to find the surface of my worktable (translation: I've not been motivated to clean, its resembling a landfill in there) and I realized I have a lot of blank spaces on my walls.

Then I remembered that I just sent out several pieces to four exhibits and most are opening shortly. (I blame the meds for my back for not realizing this immediately.)

So I thought I would let you know where the buggers will be so you can go check them out as well as the other beautiful artwork in the exhibits.




Italy's Arches


Michigan Quilt Artist Invitational
Opening reception on September 12 from 6pm-9pm
Greater Flint Arts Council Gallery
Flint, Michigan
exhibit to travel around Michigan through 2010



**********************************************




Closure

Rare Threads on the Fringe
Jordan River Arts Council
East Jordan, Michigan
September 14 - October 12

**Three other pieces were also juried into this exhibit.
They are Interruption, Fragile I and Fragile II.




**********************************************




Reading Tea Leaves

Art of the Quilt
American Sewing Expo
Rock Financial Showplace
Novi, Michigan
September 26-September 28



**********************************************




Red Bird

Breaking Boundaries: Art of the Quilt
Gallery 50
Traverse City, Michigan
October 1 - December 31

**Two other works will also be sent in addition to this piece.





So that's why my studio has gaps right now. These are all new works and I've got more cookin'.

Oh, and by the way?

The largest one is 24".

Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Leann said...

They're beautiful, Lynn, congratulations on all the shows.

wlstarn said...

Hi, Lynn
I see you've been busy.
I sent in 2 pieces to Art of the Quilt also. Should be interesting to see how they hang them, as they are all sheers.