09 December 2007

Where I Stand Sunday


A short blip in the power supply threw into sharp relief how much of my life is dependent on electronics. Even something as simple as finding enough light to read a book by created a challenge. My connection to the outside world - through the internet, through the television, through the phone - was severed. I sat in the darkness and wondered for the first time what my life would be if I was not able to plug in so easily.







Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

1 comment:

Rach said...

We had a 4 hour power cut the other week. Like you I felt temporarily lost, and wondered what on earth I was going to do with myself.

We ended up having the most magical relaxing evening, playing the piano by candle light, and eating up ice cream that would have gone the trash otherwise. (that was my excuse anyway)