29 December 2007

Pile-o-art & a Public Service Announcement


This here photo is only a glimpse of the Pile-o-art sitting on the kitchen table right now. I put together five new pieces for the Fragile series today. Five. Five! It was productive. I'm not sure if I'm done with the series or not but I can tell you that by the time I finished putting together the fifth one (did I mention I did five today??), I was pretty sick of looking at them. So I think its safe to say I'm done working on new ones until these are finished.

So why not a picture of all of them? 'Cause, they look goofy as hell as works-in-progress. The way they are all pinned up and stuff makes them less then attractive so you'll have to wait until I'm done stitching and beading them before you can see them.

This is new territory for me as I don't generally work in a series. In fact, up until the first Fragile piece, I would have rather paraded around in a pastel pink dress decorated with doilies then make multiple versions of an art quilt. (See #1 in my 100 things about me list and you'll understand that last statement.)

But here I am, doing it. Maybe its a turning point for me. Maybe I'm just working out some things that have been on my mind. Either way, its an interesting thing and I'm just going to roll with it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to produce more work. Not sure what yet but I'm bound and determined to distract myself from the fact that in two days I go back to work and I'm getting a pretty solid cold. (A cold that is so annoying that I opted to skip Leann's party tonight. I did not feel the need to share my cooties with the world. Add to that the fact that I sound like a frog when I talk because of the runny nose and I'm sure the taunting would have been spectacular.) So I get to go back to work and be miserable - both mentally and physically. But we are not thinking of such hideous things right now. Right now is for art and for imparting my knowledge of doggie parenting to you all.

So please allow me to issue my Public Service Announcement for this evening. Its concerning pets and laptops.

My dear westie, Dooley, has this odd fascination with licking things. He licks the floor, my clothes, my hands, his paws, his toys...nothing is safe from his kisses. So I guess it was only a matter of time before he decided my laptop looked tasty. So yesterday evening, as I was sitting on the sofa with my lovely mac typing away as I do so many evenings, he took to licking it. Before I could even get out the words, "Knock it off!", he stuck his tongue into one of the ports on the side and I'm pretty sure the little guy felt a zap. He jumped to his feet, his eyes got wide and he now gives it dirty looks instead.

So what's the Public Service Announcement? Don't let your dog lick your laptop. I'm just full of stunning advice, aren't I?

Look for more art tomorrow....


No comments: