28 December 2008

Where I Stand Sunday


The sudden thaw has set the earth to rushing. Pools of melted snow and ice frantically push around everything in its path, hurrying toward a destination that I don’t understand. As I stand in the middle of the frenzy, it feels almost as if the past year is slowly leaking away to take its official place in the category of the past. The ground that was so snugly dressed in the face of winter is now peeled back, exposed and raw and set to the task of rebuilding. Its old and new at the same time, the end and the beginning that will have each one of us stepping over the line into the next year.






Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Kudos to your written word today!

Jenny Williams said...

I have admired your Where I Stand Sundays for a short while now, but I am such a big fan! I think it's a fabulous way to make yourself blog on a regular basis. I am making a New Year's Resolution to "try" to join the WISS group. Thanks for the inspiration. And glad I don't have that slush to photograph today!
Jenny in NC