08 August 2007

SAQA Balancing Act Exhibit


Here is one of the things that I have been busily working on over the past couple months. Its an exhibit that I am co-curating with Susan Sanborn North for SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates). The photo above is the postcard that the gallery created after the jury results were final.

Its called "Balancing Act" and it is a small format art quilt exhibit that will hang at
The Lawrence Street Gallery in Ferndale, MI from August 28-September 28. The opening reception for the exhibit is on Friday September 7 from 6pm-9pm.

There are a total of 41 quilts in the exhibit and its going to be a great one! There is such a wide variety of techniques and styles. I'm working on the catalog for this now and soon the quilts will begin arriving at my house. This is going to be such a treat to be able to see all this work up close and personal!

I'll post more about it after it is hung. I'm hoping to get a couple quick shots with everything up for my own personal use. I have to admit that I really do enjoy curating shows, its just feels so rewarding.

So stay tuned! There is more to come! :)

No comments: