12 August 2007

I take it back...



The quilt above is what I made for Balancing Act (see my last post). Its a little different for me and it makes me nervous and excited all at the same time. And now I have to take back what I said a few posts back about not being able to get into the idea of a series.

I guess the problem was that I hadn't discovered an idea that I was enthralled with enough to carry through a few pieces. My hope is to make five for this series. The one above is called "Fragile."


Here's a detail shot. I really like the cheesecloth and I am a complete Misty Fuse convert. I can hand stitch through it so much easier then I can through Wonder Under. I seem to really struggle with doing machine work. Not in the sense that I can't use the machine but more because I've been doing everything by hand for so long. There's something about it that just seems so much more personal. But my wrist is getting sore easily now and lack of time is a factor so I need to quit being mopey about it and just do it.

Hopefully "Fragile" will have some friends soon. :)

3 comments:

Karoda said...

The bead work is what makes this piece jump in my view. I like it.

Julaine said...

Beautiful, Lynn -

Carol said...

It's beautiful I love the beadwork.