12 August 2012

etsy shop schedule for the next few months




Good morning my lovely thermofax screen addicts. :) Let's have a chat about my screen enabling etsy shop, shall we?

The schedule is going to be a bit different beginning in November 2012 through February of 2013 and I wanted to give you all a head's up so you can plan accordingly.

See these ladies?


The one on the left (me) has a huge giant project (that I'm sort of hiding but not entirely if you pay attention to the "studio snippet" posts here) that needs my full attention. Its the demanding type and I'm happy to give it center stage but it means I need to make some temporary changes to other things.

And the smiling lady on the right? That's Jackie. You all remember her from the video I shot of our show, Ragged Layers, earlier this year. (She just opened an etsy shop of her gorgeous artwork. You'll totally swoon when you see it - go look!) I've mentioned it before but just in case you didn't know - she is the other half of the thermofax screen printing enabling team. When you place an order in my shop, you work with me to get all the details just so and then I hand it off to Jackie who zips your screens through the machine and gets them to the magic mailbox portal. She's a total pro.

Well, she's expecting a new family member later this year and will be otherwise occupied with all things baby :) so she's taking a break from filling screen orders for a little bit.

So where does that leave the shop? No fear, its not closing. But its going to go into a limited state for a few months while Jackie and I tend to life. What that means is that in November 2012, January 2013 and February 2013, only certain stock designs will be available for purchase. I'm going to suspend custom screens for that time period. So if you want a custom screen and don't want to wait until March 2013 for it, you need to snag it before November 1, 2012.

Here's the schedule in non-babbling form for easier reading:


August 12 - October 31, 2012
* Business as usual! :) Everything that is normally there will be available.

November 1 - November 30 2012
* No custom screens
* Limited stock designs available

December 1 - December 31, 2012
* Shop closed. This is for a couple of reasons, the biggest being that the mail tends to consume packages during this month and I've had too many go missing. So since it makes all of us unhappy, I always close during the month of December and reopen in January of the new year.

January 5 - February 28, 2013
* No custom screens
* Limited stock designs available


After February, we'll probably go back to normal but since we're not 100% sure, I'll post a notice as it gets closer. 

So there you have it - still plenty of time to snag what you need but don't say I didn't warn you! :)

No comments: