19 June 2011

where i stand sunday


I am forever fascinated by shadow, the careless way it paints itself across any surface - inking dumbed down versions of reality. I study it constantly, watching as it shifts without regard for keeping track. Its a flexibility I envy and crave, an ability I wish was a basic human component.










Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm a beautiful analogy. My favourite impression of shadows was when my daughter first acknowledged them as a baby. They must seem like the strangest thing. Ghosts of people and oddly familiar shapes but nothing you can touch or feel.

Anonymous said...

Lynn your words are as evocative as your artwork...