09 May 2010

where i stand sunday

The spring weather is here by means of the date on the calendar only. The view out the front window is clear and full of sunlight but the temperature threatens to damage all the delicate things that have been thriving from the spring rains. The front foyer has become a temporary sanctuary, offering protection from mother nature's mood swings.







Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year Three will feature artwork inspired by that week's Where I Stand photo as well as the photo that inspired it. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)

1 comment:

Gisela Towner said...

Yup -- my dining room got filled with plants last night...
I know better than to buy plants before Memorial Day, but I'm so starved for color by spring, that I start snatching up flowers as soon as they start selling them!

It's worth it.