29 November 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


The list of excuses has dwindled down to a single sentence, one that is not strong enough to hold weight. The needle slides through the fabric, creating a familiar rhythm of meditation. The small works are placed out like a peace offering, new and unsure and full of hope. My mind wraps around them in a single strand of pride, knowing that they are the best they can be.






Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (The project is now in Year Three. Year Three will feature artwork inspired by that week's Where I Stand photo as well as the photo that inspired it. Year One and Year Two can be found here.)



INSPIRED BY ARTWORK TECHNIQUE: Leann's graffiti stencil technique as shown in her article "Letter Imperfect" in the May/June 2007 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine


Original photo:

2 comments:

Leann said...

Wonderful job, girl. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

I love what you're doing with your Sunday posts Lynn!