22 March 2009

Where I Stand Sunday



It is the Motor City. My mind moves back around the time I first saw the magic of the automotive assembly line when my mother worked for Cadillac at the now erased Clark Street Plant, never understanding then that the rest of the world wasn’t as submersed in the automotive culture as we are. As I move now through the industry’s reinvention, knowing that the face of everything I have ever known will be different, I feel the city shift. To those of us who have been here our whole lives, the heartbeat of the assembly lines echo strongly, determined and resolute to remain no matter what the odds.







Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

No comments: