17 March 2009

what the heck is THAT?!

So today started out like every other average tuesday work day. Get up, swear at the alarm clock, drive to work (while grumbling at drivers that think they can drive half asleep while talking on the cell phone and not hit other things), drink a gallon of coffee and go about my most wonderful stimulating schedule of meetings, meetings, and...oh yeah...meetings.

I exited the building in the late afternoon to find a strange thing going on outside....

There was this gigantic blinding thing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy up in the sky...

Making me hot...

And burning out my eyeballs when I looked right at it....

That my friends, was the sun. In all its 74 degree glory. I drove with the windows down. I looked like a windblown persian cat by the time I got home and I cared not one bit about it. I even stopped to pick up carryout looking like that, complete with the crazy gleam in my eye over the joy that it was warm outside and I no longer needed the 3,456 layers of clothing in order to avoid freezing to death in the matter of a millisecond.

Tomorrow the low will be 32 degrees with rain all day. *sigh*

Clearly living in Michigan is some sort of bizarre test of fortitude.

No comments: