31 August 2008

Where I Stand Sunday

As the information from my computer slips along the black wires to be copied, I reach for my yarn and needles to pass the minutes needed to complete the task. The yarn eases through my fingers and the wood slides back and forth as I knit, purl, knit, purl, knit, purl. Technology and ancient handwork seems oddly at ease with each other. Without the reach of the internet, these crafts might somehow be lost in the shuffle of new and modern and trendy. Something meant to create a slick world by easing the burden of doing things by hand, aids to keep the artists immersed in these arts connected and sharing.




Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

No comments: