14 July 2013

where i stand sunday

The art fair swirls around me in a blur of sound and movement and summer heat bouncing off the concrete. My eye locks on the cluster of chalk drawings of classic movie posters. As I step to the edge and look down at the shark, one sentence bounces through my mind:

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Full view of the chalk drawing, it really was quite good. :)

Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.


Lisa said...

I love chalk art! We have a chalk art festival here in town every year and it is just amazing what people draw!

Jeannie said...

Too funny! We also have a chalk art party every June. It is supposed to be for the little ones to celebrate the end of school. The adults really get into it and always amaze me. I love the ones that are so surreal you think you can crawl inside.

Judy said...

I'm new to the blog and love the idea of "Where I stand ...". Thank you for the inspiration.
Anytime my neighbour's children leave the chalk out, I add a doodle. It's fun and we all enjoy talking about what we drew.