15 July 2012

studio snippet


I have a dilemma.

I'm busy as chocolatier trapped in a room full of women with PMS and the studio is humming with tons of activity...but I can't share it with you.

Not yet at least. Its a long string of secret projects that make for miserable blogging at the moment. And then I realized that while I can't show you everything in its entirety, I can show you microscopic details.

So I'm going to post some photo style posts called Studio Snippets. Their purpose is not to taunt you but to show you that I've got things just bursting from the studio and heading out into the world for all kinds of wonderful things. And I'll be shouting loudly when I finally can.

Here's the first one:



The destiny of these little collages are a good one, you'll have a chance to get your hands on them if they delight you (when you see them in their entirety, sawtooth hangers and labels probably aren't enough to go on). I'm itching to share the details of the project, and once I'm able to I'll be shouting from the mountain tops about it.

Oh and by the way, my studio looks like a bomb went off in it. Anyone discover those elusive studio cleaning fairies yet? :)



2 comments:

Vivian Helena said...

I see you are painting the backs of the canvases.. I have been putting felt on mine, More Work.. In our gallery we have to hang on wires, as the sawtooth, are not allowed.. Question, how are you mounting your piece to the canvas.. I have been using Permanent glue, but also sewing through the corners if the piece is small enough from the edge.. How are you covering any stitching?

Deb said...

I had to laugh about the studio cleaning fairies comment. I am almost! done with cleaning my studio right down to repainting the floors, moving things so they are easier to grab, and getting rid of fabrics and other things I know I won't use -- things that I've hung onto for five or more years and forgot I had. I was heading downstairs Sunday morning and told my husband that I hoped the magical studio cleaning fairies had been there and finished. They had not, but I should be done and ready for action by this evening. I really needed this to jump start my creativity, and it's working so far. Keep plugging on.