14 June 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


The beginnings are basic. Often overlooked. To say the possibilities are endless is trite, an underwhelming statement. It doesn’t know what it will become any more then we do. It moves and pulls according to the same whims, weighted by identical unknowns. The mystery is satisfying, consuming, balanced.






Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell. (You can view Year One of the project here and the gallery for this year here.)

2 comments:

wlstarn said...

So, yesterday you were nearly eaten alive by all those pieces for the Babette blanket, and today you're looking at MORE YARN? Then again, the purple stuff looks particularly yummy... it's yarn aquisition disease! I've got it too. So far, it seems to be incurable.

Yarnhog said...

That looks suspiciously like roving to me. Are you considering further complicating your life?